Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Holy Mindfuck Batman!


Every single movie that has come out in the past two years have been hit or miss for me but mostly miss. They're either completely shitty or fucking amazing. I hated Transformers. The countless explosions and visual effects don't make up for the awful plot line and script. I loved the Iron Man movies. I hated Alice in Wonderland and I thought Wolfman was hilarious (in the way that all the Twilight movies are hilarious). The amount of money put into these films is ridiculous and what's even more ridiculous is the fact that those people shellin out the money for the movie don't have any sense of how shitty the script is. 

That said, Inception is probably the best film I've seen all year. The plot is incredibly interesting and there's twists everywhere. The story is told perfectly from the foreshadowing of the start to the cliffhanger ending. The acting is phenomenal. Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cotillard give Oscar worthy performances and Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt are fantastic, as usual. It definitely makes you think; I've been told you should see it more than once to fully understand it. But I've always been a firm believer in that the best kind of movies are the ones that make you think (I still love Hannibal because of this fact). 

Also, if anyone has seen The Runaways, let me know if it's worth the money. I don't want to waste money on Kristen Stewart but I love Joan Jett. 

No comments:

Post a Comment